• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 FlaHP

FlaHP

Golden Sandle

• Root Admin
  • 6,821 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 11:35 PM

Since the Unleashed event is coming up, I wanted to send out an e-mail to address a few things.

First - Don Roberston comfirmed that trailers will parked as they arrive with no allowance for holding spaces for friends, etc. This is done because of the sheer # of racers that will be there, which was 209 count for index classes alone as of Monday the 18th. We need to figure out a time and place to meet if we want to park as many racers together as possible, so please confirm the earliest you can arrive in Gainesville to meet up Friday morning and we'll decide on a place and time.

Second - I'm willing to do a food run at Sam's club similar to want we did for PINKS All-Out in 2008. This will cover lunch and dinner for Friday and Saturday. If you'd like something specific in the way of food (burgers and hot dogs over chicken and steak from the grille, lunch meats, etc) or drink, let me know and we'll figure out what to get that makes everyone happy (or at least tries to make everyone happy!). The cost last time was around $20 a person, and that covered plenty of snacks as well. I'm also willing to grab beer if those wanting to drink are in for it; again just let me know and I'll try to get it all in one shot.

What I need from you (help!):
1 - Coolers to hold the meats and drinks. I have one but will likely need at least 2-3 more.
2 - A grille or two for cooking.
3 - Anyone you know that this e-mail wasn't sent to that would like to participate in either the parking or food, please feel free to invite them!
Phil - I don't have Rob's, the Hamelink's or the Gatlin's e-mail, so can you check with them and let me know?
Jason - Check with Brian and anyone else you know coming and let me know.

Please let me know no later than Saturday October 30th!

Thanks!

Derek
Posted Image

2001 Lightning
1966 Corvette
1993 Legend LS CP
2006 Baby hauler

#2 FlaHP

FlaHP

Golden Sandle

• Root Admin
  • 6,821 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 11:35 PM

More from Derek

i say we meet @ the jiffy store by rollins @ 7 am friday morning and convoy over. hopefully we can fudge enough room in our pits for one or two late comers. i know that the hamelinks may not be able to get there til fri. afternoon but i think everyone else can be there early. as far as food goes i say we make it simple, its gonna be busy on saturday im sure and john hamelink is gonna do wings on fri. night.
Posted Image

2001 Lightning
1966 Corvette
1993 Legend LS CP
2006 Baby hauler

#3 BlackSS

BlackSS

LS1 lover

• Root Admin
  • 359 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 11:08 AM

I won't be able to get in with ya'll on friday, as I'll have class that day until 1pm. As I'll only have the suburban and trailer with the camaro....I don't see it as a big problem that I'll be parked somewhere different, as I'll just walk over to where all you guys are. Let me know what I need to bring, or how much money needs to be donated for food. I can bring a couple small coolers, but don't have a grill to bring.

I can make it in the afternoon on Friday, just to get a spot and park. But I won't make it in time for the test and tune or qualifying rounds.
1998 Camaro Z28 M6
2000 Camaro SS A4(sold)

#4 FlaHP

FlaHP

Golden Sandle

• Root Admin
  • 6,821 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:23 PM

Friday will be tough for me too but will try
Posted Image

2001 Lightning
1966 Corvette